Many things can be done with a Chromebook. For more convenience, most of their storage is cloud-based, which makes them an affordable alternative to many laptops. If you would like to use Skype on a Chromebook, how can you do so? Skype can be used on Chromebook products in two different ways, so let’s take a look at how it’s done.
How to use Skype on Chromebook Using the Browser
The Chrome OS revolves around the web, so getting things done is easy through the browser. Below are the instructions for using Skype on Chromebooks.
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Go to Skype’s website.
- Chat now by clicking the button.
- You can log in by entering your username (or email address) and password.
Signing up is the only thing you need to do. Skype is now available on your Chromebook for chatting, using video, adding new contacts, and everything else you normally do with it.
Use the Android app
However, you can run Google Play and download Skype if your Chromebook doesn’t come with it. Many Chromebooks now support Android apps, so you can use them right away!
- Skype can be downloaded from Google Play.
- Follow the instructions for basic installation.
- The Skype app will appear in the app drawer (the tiny circle down to the left) once it has been installed.
- All you have to do is open the app and log in!
Another Great Option is the Linux App
Chromebooks are increasingly supporting Linux applications. It may be the best method of getting Skype on Chromebooks if yours supports it. This desktop-focused design will give you a better experience.
- Skype can be downloaded from their website.
- Under the Skype for Desktop section, you’ll find a Get Skype for _______ link. You can see options by clicking on the downward arrow.
- You will be prompted to download the Linux DEB for Skype.
- Simply double-click the downloaded file in your Downloads folder.
- Install the device according to the instructions.
- Log in to your Linux app.