How to enroll Chromebook: Chromebooks are commonly enrolled into enterprise domains when used on a school network. For Chromebooks to function on a school network, enterprise management is usually required. Today we will show you how to enroll in a Chromebook.
Manually enrolling new devices is always recommended. When the policy is enabled, previously registered, de-provisioned, wiped, and re-enrolled devices can be automatically enrolled. Best Chromebook For Elementary Students
Enrolling your Chrome devices first allows you to enforce policies set in your Admin console on them. Until you wipe or recover a device, the Chrome settings you put in the Admin console apply to each device you enroll. After cleaning the machine, you cannot register it without first resetting it.
How to enroll in Chromebook
There are several methods to enroll in a Chromebook we will discuss here shortly but let’s first understand why to register a Chromebook.
Why enroll in Chromebooks?
Here are some benefits that you will get after enrolling in a Chromebook.
In this case, enrolled devices will be registered to the District’s wireless network automatically. All settings will be consistent across all enrolled devices. Keeping up with new features and changes within the Google environment is made possible by this method.
You can easily view and print lists of enrolled devices for future inventories. Taking this step allows you to locate lost or stolen devices more quickly. Devices must be enrolled to take online student tests. Devices must be enrolled to use future classroom management systems. Best Chromebook Under 300$
Enrolling Chromebook Methods
The below-mentioned are some methods by which you can enroll in a Chromebook.
Before anyone can use the Chrome device, you must manually enroll it. Whenever a device is signed in before it is registered, it ignores the Admin console settings, and you must wipe the device and re-enroll it.
- Start Chrome and follow the onscreen instructions. You will see the sign on the screen once Chrome is running. Register now, but do not sign in yet.
- The Ctrl-Alt-E combination must be pressed before using Chrome. A screen appears for enrollment.
- Use the Google admin login and password provided in your welcome letter, or use the credentials of an existing Google Apps user on your account that qualifies for enrollment. In the ‘enrollment Permissions’ policy, you can manage which users can enroll in your domain.
- enroll the device by clicking enroll. After the device has been successfully enrolled, you will receive a confirmation message.
Typically, devices in your domain are enrolled in the user organization at the top level. The Device enrollment user setting should be set to ‘Place Chrome devices in user organizations’ to enroll a device in an organizational unit. Ensure your organization’s enrollment policies are set so that your desired users can enroll. Best Chromebook for Students
Chromebook enrollment on Domain
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Chrome device once you have powered it on. Don’t sign in just yet. Press Ctrl + Alt + E to access the enrollment screen before signing in to the Chrome device.
- If you have access to an existing Google Apps user eligible for enrollment, please enter their username and password here. Enter your Google admin login information or a username and password from one of your existing G Suite users.
- Click enroll the device. You’ll receive a confirmation message that the device has been successfully enrolled.
Before any user can log in to a device, it must be enrolled. You must wipe (or powerwash) the device for enrollment to restart if the user first signs in.
If you select Keep Chrome device in the current location, your Chrome device will remain enrolled in your domain’s top-level organization and continue pulling its settings from there.
Placing the Chrome device into a user organization means that when you enroll the Chrome device, the device will be placed in the unit of the enrollment user. The device will be configured with the settings from the organizational unit of that user. When you must manually enroll many Chrome devices, the user organization setting can be helpful.
It will no longer be necessary for users to add their device settings to each organization after enrollment manually. Still, instead, the settings specific to their organization will be automatically added. Best Budget Gaming Laptops
Chromebook enrollment via MDM
Following are the steps for adding a Chromebook to MDM:
- The Chromebook to be enrolled should be switched on, and the authentication key combination Ctrl+Alt+E should be pressed when prompted. On the enrollment screen, click this link.
- You will need to provide the credentials of your G Suite admin account or the G Suite account of any user with enrollment permissions
- to enroll the device by clicking on enroll Device. Google portal automatically syncs and enrolls the device with MDM after it has been added to the platform.
- By going to enrollment -> Chromebook enrollment, you can view these devices. Chromebooks must be assigned users before they can be enrolled
- In addition to assigning users device-by-device, you can also enroll them in bulk by uploading a CSV file. Clicking the Assign User option is present against each device.
- Moreover, you can use MDM to automatically distribute apps, profiles, and documents to enrolled Chromebooks once they are enrolled in the program.