It never hurts to remove apps you don’t use from Chromebooks since storage isn’t always the greatest. It will not take more than a minute to delete an app on Chromebooks using either of the two methods described above. From the app drawer or through the Google Play Store, you can uninstall the ones you no longer need.
Using different methods produces different outcomes, but the end result is identical. Throughout this post, you will learn about both options.
How to delete apps on Chromebooks
Via the App Drawer
To see the list of apps you have installed on your Chromebook, click the circular icon located in the bottom-left corner. Select “Uninstall” from the menu when you find the app you want to remove. You’re good to go as soon as you click “Uninstall” again.
Uninstalling an app that you have downloaded from the Chrome Web Store is more or less the same process. Instead of “Uninstall,” the option for removing a program will read “Remove from Chrome.”
Here are the steps you can follow to remove apps from a Chromebook:
- In the bottom-left corner of the screen, click the circular icon.
- By clicking the up arrow, you can move forward.
- You can delete an app by right-clicking it.
- Then click “Uninstall.”
- To uninstall/remove, click the Chrome “Uninstall/Remove” button.
- Installing apps from the Google Play Store on Chromebooks
With Chromebooks, deleting apps from the Play Store is just as easy. You can access the Play Store by opening the app and clicking the icon in the top-left corner (three vertical lines). On the top right, click “Installed” and then select “My apps & games”. You can get rid of an app by selecting it, clicking the “Uninstall” button, and then clicking “OK.”
The following steps will show you how to uninstall apps on a Chromebook:
- On your Chromebook, launch the Play Store application.
- To begin, click the icon in the top-left corner of the page (three vertical lines).
- Select the “My apps and games” option.
- On the top, select “Installed.”.
- You can delete an app by clicking it.
- Click “Uninstall” to remove the program.
- Then click “OK.”.
In less than a minute, you can uninstall apps from Chromebooks. As you might have guessed, removing apps from your phone is similar to this process.