Can a Chromebook Run Fortnite: Fortnite continues to be a top battle royale game worldwide and is attracting more and more players. A seasonal update and cosmetics are included in the free-to-play game to keep players engaged. As part of Fortnite’s Chapter 2 season 4 Marvel collaboration, players can now battle as Iron-Man, Groot, Wolverine, and other superheroes.
Can a Chromebook Run Fortnite
With an innovative build mechanism that gives players creative options in a match, Fortnite is superior to other battle royale games. In time, many veteran players have mastered this strategy to the point that they can even outplay their rivals in adverse situations.
In addition to being appealing to younger audiences, the game can be played on a variety of platforms. Our guide in this post describes how Fortnite can be played on a Chromebook. Also Check: Best Budget Gaming Laptops
This post will cover everything you need to know to download and install Fortnite on Chrome OS. It is a fairly straightforward procedure and shouldn’t take long so that you can enjoy this massively popular game on your Chromebook.
How to play Fortnite on Chromebook using GeForce Now
NVIDIA GeForce Now offers a free subscription to its cloud gaming service. Chromebooks are designed to be used for other purposes only, so Fortnite isn’t usually allowed to be installed on them. The game’s developers will always try to create loopholes for the game to run on their device. This guide will show you how you can play Fortnite on a Chromebook using GeForce.
You need to create an account on GeForce Now’s official website to sign up for the free membership. In addition, you can pay $5 to initiate the premium service.
Note: A free subscription is available for only one hour of gaming.
In order to get Fortnite, you must first visit the Epic Games Store and search for the game. Afterward, you can add the game to your library by clicking on ‘Get’.
Go back to your GeForce Now dashboard and search for Fortnite.
A brief delay will occur, and it should restart as usual. Also Read: Best Laptops For AutoCAD And Revit
Playing Fortnite on Chromebook (Can a Chromebook Run Fortnite)
- Enable Developer/Recovery Mode on your Chromebook
As you can see in this guide, we will be installing an APK on Chrome OS. By default, Chrome OS prevents users from installing any other application than those available in Google Play Store.
Keeping in mind that enabling Developer mode is equivalent to power washing your Chromebook, erasing your contact information and local data.
You can enable Developer Mode using the steps below. For a detailed guide, please click here.
- Shut down your Chromebook.
- To enter recovery mode on a Chromebook, press the power button while holding the Esc key and the Refresh Key.
- The recovery button is located in a little hole on the side of some Chromebooks. Switch off your Chromebook and press the button with anything thin and stringy, such as a paper clip.
- In the recovery prompt, you will be asked to insert a recovery media. Press CTRL + D.
- It will then enter recovery mode after a couple of minutes.
Part 2: Setup your Chromebook for Fortnite
- We need to go to the Settings menu. For this, click the section at the bottom of the screen, which has information about Time and Battery.
- The settings window will appear when you click on the gear icon.
- Now, we need to allow Google Play to install apps on our Chromebook. Click on the ‘Apps’ menu in the settings window. You can enable this feature in the Google Play Store settings by clicking on ‘Install apps and games on your Chromebook’.
- It might not be necessary to turn on the button if you already have the Google Play Store app on your Chromebook.
- You can turn on your Chromebook if it does not have the Google Play Store app installed and you notice a turn-on button. Make sure you have the latest Chrome OS on your Chromebook.
- You may not have Android applications on your Chromebook if none of these suggestions works for you.
Part 3. Download Fortnite
- Open the browser of your choice.
- The Fortnite Android app is available at fortnite.com/android. Find out which version of Fortnite Android beta works with your computer by tapping on this link.
- You can select which software beta you want to install from the Download button. You will need an Android phone to download the Epic Games APK file if you do not have an Android option. After downloading it to your Chromebook, you can upload it to your browser, email, or cloud storage.
- Once the Epic Games APK has been downloaded to your Chromebook, run the file manager to locate it. To install, double-click on it.
- An installation warning will be displayed before the installation of the APK. Install the application by clicking on ‘Continue’.
Part 4: Play Fortnite on Chromebook
It’s now time to play Fortnite on our Chromebook since we have installed the Epic Games application.
Click the search button and type the word Epic to find the Epic games application.
On the first screen, you will find several games listed, starting with Fortnite. Click on it to install.
Once you’ve finished, you can enjoy Fortnite on your Chromebook. Do Check out: Best Chromebook for Students
That’s how you install Fortnite on a Chromebook. GeForce Now allows users to use the Fortnite game on a Chromebook significantly easier than they could in the past. It’s important to remember that you are not playing a version of Fortnite exclusively for Android, but the full-featured PC/Mac version, which includes keyboard, mouse, and controller support.