Best VR Headset 2021 VR headsets are becoming one of the world’s most demanding devices as it helps us to explore the modern world of virtual reality. People used to enjoy their games using joysticks but the modern world has brought new technology opportunities where one can explore the virtual world. The following article helps you to get acknowledged about the best 10 best VR headsets that one can buy in 2021 to enjoy the upcoming virtual reality-based videogames and movies. Below are the best VR headsets of 2020 you can choose one for yourself. Also Check:
Best VR Headset (August 2021-2022)
VR gaming is becoming a trend now and because of this trend, many manufacturers are launching their products to get a part in the competition. One of the competitors is Valve, a software and game development company that launched its first VR that focused mainly on PC gaming. After the launch, it was a successful product that helped the company make millions.
Valve index comprises Valve index controllers that give a full experience of virtual reality gaming. Valve index supports 2K UHD resolution with a refresh rate of 90hz and 120hz. Valve index also has 3D audio that allows you to differentiate between different sounds at a distance. It can be connected through audio/video cable and USB.
Valve software and games are known for being one of the best quality and this device also verifies this with its built quality.
With the 5cm cushion attached to the back, it is very comfortable to wear and to be used for hours.
Apart from the features, it has a downfall that is its price. It ranges from $999-$2400 making it a bit expensive for a normal gamer
Tt requires a full room setup due to its motion sensors and camera. So you’ll be needing a full room before you use this device
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is worthwhile to consider when you choose to remain within the Windows environment and own a compliant Laptop though not quite on a level with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive when overall visual processing and durable construction is taken into consideration.
The Odyssey is the sequel to the original Odyssey, with the better show as the biggest added value. Sadly it does not follow its counterpart into any industry but in the process of signing it is a US-exclusive. Samsung HMD Odyssey provides an eye-popping road trip into the realm of augmented reality as can be seen by Windows 10, and although its cost comes even on this edge of “maybe I don’t need to,” the integrated-in audio supports the experience in a way that most Windows MR Systems don’t.
Stand-out features include
- Inbuilt Headphones
The inbuilt headphones bring a crisp to the sounds; Cortana echoed with encouraging instructions via our ears, and the tones of music and performers came out with precision during demos. Unlike the view sonic and Toshiba headsets, which require different headsets to be worn in true accessories fashion, the Samsung HMD Odyssey’s geographical audio makes it sound like a maximum Windows MR unit.
With six-degree-of-freedom or 6DOF, lenses and the inside-out monitoring installed within the device, it felt easy to walk about in the virtual environment. You will not have to think about various sensors; both are self-contained, which is one of Microsoft’s benefits over other VR Headsets such as the Oculus for the Windows Mixed Reality application.
- Comfortable: The Samsung HMD Odyssey as described is incredibly comfortable. It seems as if, without suffering neck pressure or creating the cinching sensation around the spinal column that other headsets appear to cause, we could comfortably use it for a long time.
- Performance: the Samsung HMD Odyssey’s flagship features are its two AMOLED displays. Equipped with a wonderful resolution of around 1,440 x 1,600 pixels per eye, and a refresh rate of 90 to 60Hz, the displays pop. For contrast, the Acer telepresence HMD has a dimension of 1,440 x 1,440 per sensor at an aspect ratio of 90Hz.
- Design: the Samsung HMD Odyssey is really nothing to inspire about in terms of style. It’s black and has almost no variations of color. It looks remarkably similar to the LG Steam VR device that we have seen back at GDC 2017, right down to the segmented headband that crosses your brow.
- Affordability: Considering its simple design, I would say that Samsung HMD odyssey+ is not worth 500$. The Oculus and other headsets are available in same price having many other features and sleek attractive design,
In the year 2018 HTC Vive launched their VR headset of name HTC Vive Pro which was made by the collaboration of HTC and Valve. This product was sold largely due to its specs and design.It consisted of a stereo headphone attached to the headset that was of great quality and provided the best sound.
Vive Pro has the refresh rate of 90Hz and two OLED panels. It consisted of 2 motion controllers that allowed the user to take control and play games which he desired. Its cushions provided the customers with comfort they could ask for. Vive Pro is additionally SteamVR , Microsoft and other platforms compliant so that users can have full gaming experience.
Stand-out features include
- Vive Pro supported 2K UHD OLED display that allowed users to have a great graphical experience in virtual reality
- It had 3D audio so that you can pinpoint every sound from any distance
- You could adjust it accordingly and be comfortable
- The controller is battery powered so it is very easy to use.
- You connect it through USB type C and use it whenever you want
- Wireless connection: You can connect this device through Bluetooth so that you can use it wirelessly
- Display: Vive Pro supports a high-end resolution of 2160×1200 pixels and refreshes rate of 90Hz
- Easy to carry: it weighed only 470 grams so you can carry it where ever you want and use it as you desire
- Expensive: Vive pro was a bit expensive to be used by a normal or low end pc gamer because it costed $750
- Refresh rate: In the time when most companies are providing 120Hz refresh rate it only has 90hz
PC requirements : Vive pro supports some high end PC requirements so a user with low end specs cannot use this device.
Microsoft’s mixed reality program is talk of the town nowadays.With this programme many new products are being launched.One of it’s new products is HP reverb g2 that is yet to be launched but it’s pre-ordering is started.You can order yours now.This product is revolutionary device because of it’s specs it can outrun almost all of its competitors.
HP reverb g2 is the second version of HP reverb g1 in which company made some changes and fixed some issues .It was made in collaboration of Microsoft and Valve.It supports USB type C to be connected through any media you want.In the box we have The VR headset,power adapter,2 motion controllers,a setup document and one year warranty
Stand-out features include
- It has a display of more than 2K UHD per eye and a refresh rate of 90hz
- Apart from the new added cushion there’s a face mask that can be replaced and adjusted accordingly
- It is compatible with steam so you can play your favourite steam and other platforms games without any disturbance
- With its four cameras your tracking is better than before
- Price: It has a very affordable price of $299 and $399 with motion controllers
- Quality: As it is Microsoft’s manufactured product so we don’t have to worry about the built quality.
- Audio: It has a built-in headphone with 3D audio that allows us to listen to every sound and experience a whole new world
- Display: HP reverb is available at a very good display resolution of 2k UHD per eye allowing you to have a full and colorful virtual reality experience
- Other: than the features it only has one negative aspect that if used excessively it can cause some major mental problems
- Unlike: other VR devices the tracking of HP reverb is not quite fast it is good but not fast as expected
- It doesn’t have a wireless support so you cannot use it wirelessly.
Requiring no external computer or gaming console, Oculus Quest is one of the best gaming Virtual Reality headsets that works as a gaming console itself. It is equipped with fantastic VR games that can be played easily with just a couple of controllers and nothing else. This VR headset designed by oculus has a standalone design that requires no wires and it is easy to carry anywhere so that you can enjoy your favorite movies and games anytime.
Oculus Quest will be their first all-in-one, virtual world game device developed. With the help of this amazing device, you will be able to play with only a VR headset and a handful of controllers almost everywhere and anywhere.
Stand-out features include
- Streamlined and Standalone: Unlike the latest and entirely updated Rift S, the Oculus Quest retains the streamlined style of the classic Rift. It has a body wrapped in black cloth and a trilogy of head braces, which fit well with the additional weight of the Quest, but it’s certainly a less pleasurable experience. To change the gap between lenses, there’s now a slider.
- Sleeker: In some cases, it’s also sleeker because the headphones of the Rift have also been substituted by transparent positional speakers, but they sound so noisy which you would still want to slip in ear plugs
- In-Build AI Software: Tech discoveries made by Oculus offer high-performance gameplay and an individual can get his hands on into an all-in-one virtual-reality device interface.
- Oculus Guardian System: the Oculus Guardian mechanism is programmed to keep track of your gaming space limits and prevent you from getting disturbed from the surrounding events when you’re in the battle.
- Hand Navigation: In the revolutionized world of hands-free, your hands will also be seen explicitly in simulated worlds. To trigger hand monitoring and play great games, explore menus and much more, just cast aside your Touch controls.
- Less powerful: Considering that the design is standalone, the device is less powerful as compared to other wired virtual reality headsets.
- Sometimes Uncomfortable: Due to its shape, sometimes it seems to be uncomfortable during gaming and watching movies.
- Affordability: Compared to the non-VR headsets available in the market, it is a bit expensive.
Buy on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L96KA4Y?tag=techq066-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
What’s more than a blessing if you get the combo of Samsung S10 along with the latest Samsung headset that advances you to the next generation of technology. It provides you with the best visuals and sound experiences allowing you to explore a virtual world in a comfortable environment. Not just S10, it is compatible with all the latest android mobile phones which allows you to bring your dream games and movies to real life and experience them in a more realistic way.
The latest Samsung Gear is manufactured by the most intelligent developers working for Samsung. Being different from other headsets, it has an excellent touchpad and the back button on it which provides great ease to the users controlling the music and videos according to their requirements. It is compatible not only with the flagship Samsung phones like S8, S9, S10 but also easy to use with mobile phones of other brands.
- Affordable: It has the most affordable price just starting from the basic models worth Rs. 10000 to the more advanced models worth up to Rs 30000.
- Display: It provides the best HD display to users that makes them feel no difference in it and the real world.
- Sound: The product comes with an amazing surround system that provides relaxation to the users’ mind.
- One of the most important and common negative effects of VR is that it might cause migraines, nausea, or blurred vision to occur in users. Other than that it can also be a waste of time for the students and youth.
If we talk about gaming VR headsets then a company comes in mind of name VIVE, powered by HTC. This company designed and launched many VR headsets from the year 2014.But in year 2016 they launched HTC Vive cosmos that was a revolutionary product and helped them financially as it was a success. HTC Vive is steam powered so you can enjoy high end games in a whole new world of virtual reality
Vive cosmos is a game changer for gamers. This product is a lot more than just a headset. It comes with 2 motion controllers that allow you to take full control of your virtual world and give an amazing experience of the virtual reality.
Stand-out features include
- Vive cosmos has an incredible display of 2880×1700 pixels combined of both eyes giving the user a colorful and detailed experience with a refresh rate of 90hz.
- With it’s stereo headphones sound is not a problem anymore. It allows the user to have a full enhanced sound experience
- It can be connected through USB 3.0 type C cable
- With it’s six camera sensors the problem of tracking is no more
- It’s controllers are battery powered so you don’t have to worry about those cables be gambled
- Display: it’s 90hz 2K UHD display is a great advantage for gamers that allows them to have a full fledged experience of their gaming world
- Setup: It doesn’t require a full room setup so it is easy to setup and use effectively.
- Eye comfort setting: With the help of this setting Htc vive can be used for hours and be used comfortably
Adjustable: It can be adjusted according to face size
- Expensive: HTC Vive costs 990$ to 1100$ making it expensive for low end gamers
- Wireless: Using it wirelessly might be a problem but to all those features it offers it might not be a bigger problem
- Requirements: It requires a minimum of 4gb ram and operating system of windows 10 so a low end pc user with low ram and low operating cannot use this.
If we talk about Best VR headsets than one company is ought to be named in this discussion and that is Xiaomi.They launched their VR headset with the collaboration of Facebook technologies in year 2018 of name Oculus Go.It was a smartphone powered VR headset but the mobile was paired with the VR headset and used by the application that was available in both Play store and Apple store.
Oculus Go was launched in mid 2018 and it was revolutionary product because of it’s specs and design.It comprised of a controller that worked as a remote and allowed the user to have a full experience of virtual world.Unlike other smartphone VR headset manufacturers Oculus had its own processor and memory inside it.So it could give a good experience to its user while using his desired application.
Stand-out features include
- Oculus go has a chipset of Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 system that made it a powerful machine of it’s time
- Oculus Go supports Display resolution of more than 2560×1440 pixels combined .
- Oculus go used ram of 3gb that was essential to run some heavy application and manage all the tasks at once
- The controller is battery powered so we don’t have to worry about the wires.
- This device has an internal memory of 32gb.
- Affordable price: Oculus go has a price of $199 of 32gb variant and $249 of 64gb variant.That is the best price for this product if we look at it’s specs.
- Graphics: Oculus go has its own graphic chip Adreno 530 that gives a very unique graphic quality
- Operating system: Oculus has its own android operating system of 7.2
- Internal storage: This device has its own internal memory so it’s a win-win for low memory phone users.
Wireless : Oculus go is battery powered so we can enjoy a limited wireless battery powered experience
- Discontinued: Oculus go is now discontinued as it was in sales of 2018 but now it is replaced by Oculus quest 2
- Battery: Having a battery is an advantage but also a disadvantage as well.You cannot use this headset if it’s not charged.
- Wireless: It comes with standard 2.0 USB cable you cannot use it wirelessly
- Battery: it doesn’t Have a battery of it’s own so it depends on the phone battery
- Size: It has a size range of 4inch to 6inch so a phone bigger than 6 inch and less than 4 inch cannot be used as VR.
If we talk about Virtual reality headsets we might name some big companies but a french companies also deserves to be named in this topic and that is Homido. They launched their VR headset in mid 2017 and it was a great product of the time and for its price. It changed the game for new companies and some cheap VR manufacturers. If we talk about cheap VR headsets Homido V2 is one the best VR headset you can get under $100.You may think that it has no quality or durability because of being cheap but you’re wrong. It is one of the best VR headset you can get in the price of 100$. It mainly focuses on smartphones but you can use it for other purposes like for gaming and other things. Stand-out features include Pros Cons Have you ever thought that you could experience a game in real life? That you could live the life of a game character in your daily life. Well Sony’s PlayStation has made this dream a reality. Apart from great quality and structure Sony’s virtual reality VR is a game changer in the gaming world. It’s design, texture and size is what makes it unique in this era of new technology. It’s not only for gaming, it can be used for watching movies , playing videos and reliving an experience without stepping out of your house. That’s the reason Sony named it Anywhere VR. This latest Sony PlayStation VR is manufactured by one of the best and experienced developers of Sony enterprise. It has a unique design that was specially made for gamers to use it for hours. The motion controllers allow you to take full control of your experience. It’s not only for PlayStation but also compatible for your phones of any brand. Stand-out features include Pros: Cons Conclusion In conclusion, these are the best VR headsets that you can find in 2021 and explore the virtual world with your eyes so that you can get the best punch of virtual experiences. Considering the virtual reality headsets, we have a vast variety of affordable to expensive headsets based on their style and number of features being offered. You can read the above reviews and conclude which one you want to have for yourself and your family.
If we talk about Virtual reality headsets we might name some big companies but a french companies also deserves to be named in this topic and that is Homido. They launched their VR headset in mid 2017 and it was a great product of the time and for its price. It changed the game for new companies and some cheap VR manufacturers.
If we talk about cheap VR headsets Homido V2 is one the best VR headset you can get under $100.You may think that it has no quality or durability because of being cheap but you’re wrong. It is one of the best VR headset you can get in the price of 100$. It mainly focuses on smartphones but you can use it for other purposes like for gaming and other things.
Stand-out features include
Have you ever thought that you could experience a game in real life? That you could live the life of a game character in your daily life. Well Sony’s PlayStation has made this dream a reality. Apart from great quality and structure Sony’s virtual reality VR is a game changer in the gaming world. It’s design, texture and size is what makes it unique in this era of new technology. It’s not only for gaming, it can be used for watching movies , playing videos and reliving an experience without stepping out of your house. That’s the reason Sony named it Anywhere VR.
This latest Sony PlayStation VR is manufactured by one of the best and experienced developers of Sony enterprise. It has a unique design that was specially made for gamers to use it for hours. The motion controllers allow you to take full control of your experience. It’s not only for PlayStation but also compatible for your phones of any brand.
Stand-out features include
In conclusion, these are the best VR headsets that you can find in 2021 and explore the virtual world with your eyes so that you can get the best punch of virtual experiences. Considering the virtual reality headsets, we have a vast variety of affordable to expensive headsets based on their style and number of features being offered. You can read the above reviews and conclude which one you want to have for yourself and your family.